Sunday, April 02, 2006

ESPN MLB Opener



Today's Pick
Chicago White Sox ML
Odds: -115 (Pinnacle)
Size:
1 unit [money management]
Result: W


Match-up information
Starting Pitchers:
Cleveland: C.Sabathia
Chicago: M.Buehrle
Why I like this:
▪I have read that the Sox will be having a ceremony to raise the world series banner before the game. That leads me to believe that it will be a packed stadium with lots of energy. Great way to start the season.

▪There aren't many stats to analyze but I like getting Buehrle @ home (with lots to show) for such a cheap price. Buehrle had a 16-8 record last year, with a 3.12 ERA (149 SO). Sabathia had a 15-10 record, with a 4.03 ERA (161 SO)

▪Although the White Sox had a pretty poor spring season, they are still the world champions and I will give them the benefit of the doubt while not laying much chalk on them.

to making money this season.

No comments: